Stuc a' Chroin and Ben Vorich

Stuc a' Chroin and Ben Vorich

Wednesday, 7 March 2012

A reminder to us all

From BBC News - Scotland website

Stow hiker remains 'critical' after tent fume poisoning

 

"A hiker from the Borders remains in a coma in hospital after being poisoned by carbon monoxide fumes in his tent.

Phil Morgan, 49, of Stow, was missing for 24 hours on Minch Moor before he was found by rescue services on Thursday night.

It is thought he was poisoned by fumes from a camping stove or a gas light.

His partner Trudy Anderson has asked friends to record stories to be played to him in hospital in the hope he may respond to familiar voices.

Mr Morgan was reported missing after he failed to return home on Thursday."

Let's hope he recovers.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I have seen the results of CM poisoning 1st hand and it is not good at all. Some never recover 100%.
    Lets hope this guy does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan

      It's often lethal unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. Stories like this always bring me up short. So easily done... coffee on and doze off...
    I hope he gets better. It must be heartbreaking for his wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan

      "..coffee on and doze off..". Which of us couldn't imagine doing that? In 2006 I was one step backwards from falling 200ft or so from the Neist cliffs - and I almost took that step - simply because I was absorbed in something else. I should tell the brief story sometime as a warning to others.

      Fingers crossed for Mr Morgan and his family.

      Delete