Stuc a' Chroin and Ben Vorich

Stuc a' Chroin and Ben Vorich

Wednesday 18 September 2024

11 - 12 September 2024 - Braemar

The 70 mile drive took longer than usual, mainly because of heavy traffic in Perth, but it was a pleasant journey all the same with me in the motorcaravan and Lynne driving the car.  The village was quiet, most of those up for the Braemar Gathering having departed. 

It was a stormy, wet night and the bitter wind did not entice us onto the hills. In any case, we were tired. We’d had good holidays in May and June but our first experience of Covid in July did much to reverse any benefits of said June holiday. Then, out of the blue, my older brother died at the end of July. I’ve happy teenage memories of climbing with him and his wife. Perhaps I’ll post about this later.

Back to now. After three days of low level walks we needed a summit and since Morrone is an old favourite and the winds had eased by Friday, we were soon on our way up the familiar track. Then, two glorious days, the first to Carn Aosda via Baddoch and the second out to Carn a’ Gheoidh. I’ve posted about these hills more than once so I’ll stick to photos. 
















Five days left and the weather seems settled.







1 comment:

Sir Hugh said...

I hope others "click to enlarge" the photos. Great reminders of the scale and scope of the Scottish hills. My present circumstances are restricting my activities to daily trips from home, but I am so thankful for my own memories and reminders from others such as your post here.