Stuc a' Chroin and Ben Vorich

Stuc a' Chroin and Ben Vorich

Wednesday 28 March 2018

Customer Service

Once in a while a retailer provides service above and beyond what might reasonably be expected. Emodels is such a retailer.

As some may recall, I wrote here of building Revell's USS Voyager and how I damaged a few decals while applying them to the otherwise finished build. Emodels, from whom I'd bought all the required paints, kindly offered to get me a complete decal sheet from Revell in Germany. When the envelope recently arrived there were two sheets, one with a few decals damaged but otherwise perfect and a second sheet in pristine condition. When I e-mailed to thank them the reply revealed that the first sheet they'd received from Revell was damaged so they asked for another and sent me both. All this free of charge. How many would just have sent the damaged one or bothered to help at all?  I rate this as exceptional service, particularly since they had no way of knowing if I'd ever buy supplies from them again.

As I begin now to consider the best way to build the space shuttle Discovery, my new supplies of paint, masking tape etc will, of course, be bought from emodels. I would have started building this model during the heavy snow falls earlier this month when the huge drifts meant we were well and truly confined to the house, but I didn't have the paints.

I have considered starting a separate blog to chart the progress of the project which I plan to have finished by autumn - hill activities will come first - but I may just use this one. Building model space vehicles, whether real or fictional, may not have anything to do with hills, but what's more 'outdoors' than space?!

Discovery will not be as complex to build and paint as Voyager was but will be interesting all the same. The winter evenings have been set aside for second USS Voyager.






2 comments:

Sir Hugh said...

Bring it on. Let us know if you do set up a new blog. You may find yourself also becoming an expert in macro photography?

afootinthehills said...

I'll let you know Conrad, though I suspect you will be the only one to read it. One thing I won't be doing is making time lapse videos of the build like some I've found online. They are quite useless.